- D.Va was first announced through the official PlayOverwatch @@@#@@@Twitter(twitter.com)###@### account, which linked to a mock-up page on the official StarCraft II World Championship site. She had previously been depicted in posters in the attacking team`s starting area in Hanamura This article is a stub. You can help Overwatch Wiki by expanding it. Hanamura Type Assault Location Japan Terrain Residential area Hanamura is an Assault map in Overwatch. Contents 1 Official Description 2 Background 3 Gameplay .
- Her name is a play on the word "Diva", meaning a female celebrity.
- The stylization of her name is reminiscent of Korean pop idols, who often adopt pseudonyms to stand out. In the Korean version of the game, D.Va`s name is the only name not in Hangul, reflective of the romanization of these idols` names. This makes sense considering D.Va is a Korean idol through her fame playing StarCraft.
- The way her name has a prefix "D." is reminiscent of the way eSports players have an abbreviated team tag before their names.
- D.Va`s suit has sponsors all over it, which is a reference to the same advertising style of sponsors in Korean eSports.
- Hana is a fan of Lcio Lúcio "Come on, let s bring it together!" Real Name Lúcio Correia dos Santos Age 26 Nationality Brazilian Occupation DJ Freedom Fighter Base Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Affiliation None Voice Jonny Cruz 1] (English) Donald Reignoux `s music, and has apparently bought his album. He in turn also knows enough of the pro-gaming scene to be a fan of hers.
- Until Orisa Orisa "Your safety is my primary concern." Status Active Age 1 month Occupation Guardian Robot Base Numbani Affiliation None Relations Efi Oladele (creator) Voice Cherrelle Skeete 1] Cosmetics Cosmetic page Quotes Quotation page Role Tank was introduced, D.Va was the youngest hero in the game. D.Va is sometimes teased by others because of her age, such as when Widowmaker mockingly says, "This is no place for children."
- Out of the original cast, D.Va is still the youngest, being only 19 years old.
- Charlett Chung, who is D.Va`s English voice actor, has commented positively on her character, commenting "in terms of representation of Asian-American characters in video games, particularly women, they might be over-sexualized - and I don`t know if I`m being too candid here - I feel like D.Va is more of a real person. She happens to have some sex appeal, but that`s not why she`s in the game. She`s not there to be an exotic lotus."
- A StarCraft II portrait and announcer for D.Va was available for those who attended BlizzCon 2016 or bought a Virtual Ticket for the event.
- D.Va is the fifth playable Overwatch character in Heroes of the Storm Heroes of the Storm logo Heroes of the Storm is a MOBA/ARTS game developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It contains characters across the breadth of its games, Overwatch included. Contents 1 Overwatch Elements 1.1 Creeps 1.2 .
- D.Va is a purchasable announcer in Heroes of the Storm Heroes of the Storm logo Heroes of the Storm is a MOBA/ARTS game developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It contains characters across the breadth of its games, Overwatch included. Contents 1 Overwatch Elements 1.1 Creeps 1.2 , along with Genji Genji "Even if I sacrifice my body, I will never sacrifice my honor." Real Name Genji Shimada (島田源氏) 1] Other Names Sparrow Age 35 Nationality Japanese Occupation Adventurer Base Hanamura, Japan (formerly) Shambali Monastery, Nepal .
- D.Va is used as the symbol for the National D.Va Association, a progressive feminist movement composed of Overwatch fans. The group achieved international notability after a photograph of their flag—featuring D.Va`s bunny-ears logo—was photographed in a news report for an international Women`s Mar. event in Seoul on Jan. 21st, 2017. Based in South Korea, the group chose D.Va as its symbol owing to an earlier incident where professional teenage Overwatch player Geguri was accused of cheating owing to an eighty percent win rate; which some believed was "impossible" for girls to achieve. The group distributes stickers of D.Va`s bunny logo, among other paraphernalia. It plans on finding new ways to use Overwatch as a tool for spreading its message.
- Voiced by Charlet Chung
- As part of her promotion and lore, Blizzard created a brief StarCraft II WCS profile, which revealed her as a Random player who became the top-ranked player in the world when she was 16 and went undefeated over the next three years before she was drafted.
D.Va⃢₀ₙs mech is nimble and powerful ⃢₀ₔ its twin Fusion Cannons blast away with autofire at short range, and she can use its Boosters to barrel over enemies and obstacles, or deflect attacks with her projectile-dismantling Defense Matrix.
- Overwatch Animated Short | “Shooting Star” (Behold the origin story of Ove)
- The ONLY D.Va guide you should ever need (Remade and reborn better than )
D.Va is a former professional gamer who now uses her skills to pilot a state-of-the-art mech A mech Mechs are a type of bi-pedal walker. Contents 1 Types 1.1 MEKA 1.2 Volskaya Industries 1.3 Omnic 2 References Types edit | edit source] MEKA edit | edit source] A MEKA-type mech MEKA in defense of her homeland. She is a very competitive individual, and coupled with her pro-gamer skills, this makes her an extremely effective mech pilot. Never backing down, D.Va always plays to win.
D.Va is a Tank Each hero fills a different role in Overwatch. Roles in Overwatch are loosely defined, and heroes can fulfill a role not designated for them. Roles, as they exist, are designed to help players identify which hero See playable characters. For the animated short, see Hero. All of the heroes, as of 2015 There are currently 24 playable hero characters in Overwatch. Each fits into one of four roles in Overwatch See the game. For the titular organization, see Overwatch (group). Overwatch Developer Blizzard Entertainment Team 4 1] Publisher Blizzard Entertainment Release date May 24, 2016 Platforms Xbox One, Playstation 4, Windowsis a separate viewing area on a computer display screen in a system that allows multiple viewing areas as part of a graphical user interface Overwatch .
D.Va is a unique tank with some mobility. With very high health and Boosters, she can close a gap to the enemy with ease. She has high damage output at close-range, making her a strong fighter in 1-on-1 match. Her Defense Matrix is useful against all incoming-projectiles, protecting her teammates from enemy fire. She is a dangerous ganker in tank class, dealing consistent damage to the enemy. Self-Destruct will wipe all opponents within the blast area. Be that as it may, she doesn`t have an extended barrier to properly protect her team like Reinhardt. She is also slow while firing, allowing the enemy to outrun her to disengage or move around her to distract her aiming. Fusion Cannons are ineffective at anything further than medium-range, makes her being outranged by the enemy before she even has a chance to close a gap with Boosters.
Weapons & Abilities
- Fusion Cannons D.Va “I play to win.” Real Name Hana Song (송하나) Age 19 Nationality Korean Occupation Competitive StarCraft player (formerly)Mech PilotActress Base Busan, South Korea Affiliation Mobile Exo-Force Voice Charlet Chung 1] (English) Genevieve Doang (French)Julia : D.Va`s main weapons on the mech. Her mech can fire consistent shotgun-like bullets onto the targeted point. She can rapidly fire her bullets without needing to reload, but suffers from slow movement while firing.
- D.Va suffers from slow movement while firing by half of her normal movement speed.
- Fusion Cannons have 11 bullets per shot and large spreading; position yourself to the closest of the targets so that they won`t be able to escape from you while firing.
- Defense Matrix D.Va “I play to win.” Real Name Hana Song (송하나) Age 19 Nationality Korean Occupation Competitive StarCraft player (formerly)Mech PilotActress Base Busan, South Korea Affiliation Mobile Exo-Force Voice Charlet Chung 1] (English) Genevieve Doang (French)Julia : D.Va`s primary defensive ability. When activated, the targeting-array will pop up from the front of her mech. All incoming-projectiles will be shot down mid-air when it comes into range of this ability. D.Va cannot attack while using it.
- The ability only last for 4 seconds when used continuously, and requires 1-second before beginning a recharge.
- D.Va can use the ability again after cancel the previous usage for 1 second.
- Defense Matrix needs 10 seconds for a full recharge.
- It only blocks fire from the front, and cannot prevent incoming-projectiles from other directions, making it less viable when used as a barrier to protect her team or herself.
- In case of retreating from a group of enemies, activates Defense Matrix while moving backward will greatly help her survive from a strong attack.
- Boosters D.Va “I play to win.” Real Name Hana Song (송하나) Age 19 Nationality Korean Occupation Competitive StarCraft player (formerly)Mech PilotActress Base Busan, South Korea Affiliation Mobile Exo-Force Voice Charlet Chung 1] (English) Genevieve Doang (French)Julia : D.Va`s mech will launch into the air once activated. She will move forward with faster movement speed and be able to adjust momentum for 2 seconds. Deals damage and knockback to enemies when collided with.
- The cooldown triggers after Boosters ends.
- D.Va can activate Defense Matrix during the flight to protect herself from enemy fire.
- Boosters can be stopped mid-use by pressing normal attack, melee attack or Boosters` key again.
- Self-Destruct (Ultimate): The ultimate of D.Va`s mech. D.Va herself will eject from a mech, then her mech will begin to detonate itself within 3 seconds. It deals massive damage upon explosion on a very large area around it.
- The mech will receive any momentum from the Boosters if used prior to activating Self-Destruct.
- If the mech doesn`t explode, D.Va will not gain a Call Mech`s full charge.
- The blast creates a strong knockback on the survived opponents, sometimes launching them into a pit or off a cliff.
- All covers will block the damage from Self-Destruct entirely, even a light post that is large enough to cover the hero size will makes them survive the blast.
- Light Gun D.Va “I play to win.” Real Name Hana Song (송하나) Age 19 Nationality Korean Occupation Competitive StarCraft player (formerly)Mech PilotActress Base Busan, South Korea Affiliation Mobile Exo-Force Voice Charlet Chung 1] (English) Genevieve Doang (French)Julia : D.Va uses it as a main weapon after her mech is destroyed. The Light Gun deals considerable damage with fast speed projectile bullets.
- The weapon is very accurate in most ranges, she can use it to kite enemies from all ranges to recharge the ultimate meter to call a new mech.
- Call Mech D.Va “I play to win.” Real Name Hana Song (송하나) Age 19 Nationality Korean Occupation Competitive StarCraft player (formerly)Mech PilotActress Base Busan, South Korea Affiliation Mobile Exo-Force Voice Charlet Chung 1] (English) Genevieve Doang (French)Julia (Ultimate): D.Va can call a new mech after her previous one is destroyed.
- The mech will deal some small damage around upon calling.
- Both D.Va and mech can be damaged or killed while she is entering into a mech.
- While D.Va is considered a Tank, a lot of successful D.Va players use her like Reaper Reaper "Death walks among you." Real Name Gabriel Reyes Age Unknown Nationality American Occupation Mercenary Base Unknown Affiliation United States military (formerly)Overwatch (formerly)Various, including Talon (mercenary status) Voice Keith Ferguson (English) Jérémie Covillault (French)Oliviero Corbetta . Ganking and harassing are some of D.Va`s strong suits. Her high damage output at close range coupled with her Boosters movement ability makes it easy for her to get "shotgun-like" damage in and escape with ease.
- Defense Matrix is especially strong against most damage dealers. It can even negate a dangerous bullet from McCree`s Deadeye or even Pharah`s Barrage.
- You can close a gap to most heroes with Boosters, but you will receive fires while using it to hunt them. Defense Matrix can be used during Boosters, so activate it while flying onto the target.
- You need to prioritize protecting the team from flankers and snipers, potentially by rushing them down at close range. Snipers are your first target since they are vulnerable at close-range followed by other damage dealers depend on the situation and their position.
- It is not recommended to play D.Va as the sole tank on your team. Solo-tanking with her is extremely difficult. She can`t solo an entire enemy team by herself like McCree or Genji, and she can`t provide extended cover like Reinhardt, but she can do one right after another in short, well-timed bursts.
- Strategize where and when to place a Self-Destructing Mech. The 3 seconds countdown of Self-Destruct is long enough for the enemies to find a cover or get behind a friendly Barrier. Another effective tool is use Boosters before Self-Destruct to send the Ultimate out from a blind spot on a place where there is less cover to provide.
- If you melee attack an enemy player while D.Va`s Boosters are active, you will deal greatly increased knockback to the target allowing easy environmental kills.
- Even though Defense Matrix will destroy all projectiles, it will not absorb beams such as Zarya`s Particle Cannon, Mei`s Endothermic Blaster, Symmetra`s Photon Projector and Sentry turret fire, along with Winston`s Tesla Cannon.
- D.Va has a large critbox in front of her mech (the cockpit). You will receive critical shot easier than most heroes, so avoid turning your mech to face the enemy`s fires without Defense Matrix active.
- If you activate D.Va`s Boosters ability and move onto an enemy player, you will deal damage in addition to knocking them back. If an opponent is low in health, this can be a faster way to kill them than firing her cannons, but it carries the risk of removing her only means of escaping danger.
- When out of the suit, D.Va`s primary goal is to score as many headshots as possible, as fast as possible, to call her next mech. You may want to target a distant Roadhog to regain your ultimate charge.
Hana Song was once a pro-gamer. She became a professional StarCraft StarCraft is a real-time strategy series that continues to be popular in South Korea. Global competitions are held featuring its multiplayer gameplay, allowing skillful players to become celebrities of sorts. 1] Trivia edit | edit player, who participated in the WCS Korea Code S League. At the age of 16, Song became the #1 ranked player in the world and proceeded to go undefeated for the next three years in all competitions. She became an international star, beloved by her fans at home and abroad, and toured in exhibitions around the world, representing South Korea South Korea Location East Asia Terrain Various South Korea is a nation located in East Asia. Contents 1 History 2 Known Locations 3 Known Nationals 4 Trivia 5 References History edit | edit source] Twenty . A fierce competitor, Song played to win at any cost, and gained a well-earned reputation for showing no mercy to her opponents.
At home, be that as it may, not all was well, as MEKA Mobile Exo-Force Affiliation South Korean Army Type Armored droned unit (formerly)Mechanized walker force Standing Active The Mobile Exo-Force of the Korean Army (MEKA) is a unit that exists within the South Korean Army. History edit struggled to maintain its defense against the omnic Omnics Omnics are artificially intelligent robots produced by omniums. 1] Contents 1 Background 1.1 History 2 Known Omnics 2.1 Types 3 References Background edit | edit source] Omnics are produced by omniums, automated robotics factories that repeatedly attacked the nation. As the omnic continued to adapt, it eventually disrupted MEKA`s drone-control networks, forcing the military to place pilots in the mechs. Scrambling to find suitable candidates, the government turned to the country`s professional gamers, who possessed the necessary reflexes and instincts to operate the mechs` advanced weapons systems. Top stars were drafted, including Song, who was now 19. She saw the new mission as a game, and an evolution of her own career. Without fear or hesitation, she abandoned the limelight of her pro-gamer career, and got an armored mech operator`s licence. As a member of MEKA, she could put her reflexes to the ultimate test on a real battlefield, instead of a digital one. Her skills and intense competitive spirit made her an extremely effective pilot.
Song now fearlessly charges into battle alongside the rest of her MEKA unit, ready to spring to her nation`s defense at a moment`s notice. Recently, she has begun to stream combat operations to her adoring fans, and her growing following has turned her into a global icon. Sponsorship deals and her fanbase provided her with the means to customize her mech.
At some point she also played one of the leading roles in the movie Hero of My Storm Poster announcing the upcoming movie Hero of My Storm is an announced full-motion picture movie starring Hana Song, Robert Greenways, and Thespion 4.0. The posters announcing the movie can be found in several places around .
|Prevent 1500 damage with a single use of D.Va`s Defense Matrix D.Va “I play to win.” Real Name Hana Song (송하나) Age 19 Nationality Korean Occupation Competitive StarCraft player (formerly)Mech PilotActress Base Busan, South Korea Affiliation Mobile Exo-Force Voice Charlet Chung 1] (English) Genevieve Doang (French)Julia in Quick or Competitive play.|
|Kill 4 enemies with a single use of D.Va`s Self-Destruct in Quick or Competitive play.|
|Balance Patch History|
|Patch Version||Balance Changes|
|September 1, 2016 Patch|
|July 19, 2016 Patch|
|February 18, 2016 Patch|
|February 9, 2016 Patch|